A limited liability company (LLC) is a corporate structure whereby the members of the company cannot be held personally liable for the company’s debts or liabilities.
Aruba Limited Liability Companies are divided into two categories.
Types of Aruba Limited Liability Companies
- Naamloze Venootschap (NV)
- Vennootschap met Beperkte Aansprakelijkheid (VBA)
Naamloze Venootschap (NV)
Main Features of a Naamloze Venootschap (NV);
- In Aruba comes in the form of a Naamloze Venootschap which all offshore corporations are required to use
- Has authorized share capital of at least 25,000 Aruba florins
- 20% of the share capital required to be issued
- Must be incorporated with at least two (2) subscribers
- May be used by both non-residents and residents
- Is considered onshore or offshore depending on residency (abroad or local) of owners
- Subject to filing application for a director’s licence if director is non-resident
- Subject to filing accounts to relevant authority
- Must receive a certificate from the chamber of commerce and disclose personal details of beneficial owner (s) for bank account opening
- Subject to stamp duty upon incorporation
- Subject to foreign exchange controls
- Subject to paying annual licence renewal fees, which are calculated depending on the share capital
- Subject to clearance fees for name from the Ministry of Justice and entry on the commercial registry
Vennootschap met Beperkte Aansprakelijkheid (VBA)
Main Features of a Vennootschap met Beperkte Aansprakelijkheid (VBA);
- Identified in English as an LLC
- No established minimum capital requirement
- Incorporated by a Civil Notary in the public trade Registry
- Minimum of one subscriber upon incorporation
- May opt to issue shares or not to
- Shares may be stated in any recognized currency
- Required to file an annual financial statement with the Chamber of Commerce
- Required to have at least one managing director in Aruba
- Required to have a legal representative that is not a managing director
- Where all directors are non-residents, a corporation in Aruba must be appointed as the company’s representative
- Annual financial statements to be filed 8 days prior to end of financial year
Advantages of Aruba Limited Liabilities Companies
- The A.V.V. is a completely tax exempt corporation.
- The N.V. is a limited liability company and can obtain certain tax advantages depending its structure and can be divided in three general categories:
- The Offshore N.V.(foreign shareholders and activities outside Aruba) subject to a reduced corporate
- tax rate of 2.4%-3%, depending on its scope of activities
- The Free zone N.V.(situated in the Free zone Aruba and used for international trading or the providing
- Of services) subject to a corporate tax rate of 2%
- The IPC N.V.subject to an effective tax rate in Aruba of 11, 8% or 6, 9% upon qualification of stringent requirements.
The Valsen Advantage
- Speedy, Efficient and consistent Services.
- Relentless effort to obtain bank accounts.
- Expert advice on structuring options.
- Dedicated ongoing compliance support.